- 4 to 5 cups blueberries
- 5 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon acid blend
- 1/2 tsp pectic enzyme
- 1 teaspoon nutrients
- 2 campden tablet
- 1 package wine yeast
- Crush the fruit. Add 12 cups of water and all other ingredients except the yeast. Stir well to dissolve sugar. Let sit overnight.
- Specific gravity should be between 1.090 and 1.095. Sprinkle yeast over the mixture and stir. Stir daily for five days.
- Strain the must and squeeze the juice out. Siphon into secondary fermentor, add water to make up volume and attach airlock.
- For a dry wine, rack in three weeks, and every three months for one year. Bottle.
NOTE: You must finish wine dry if making Port.
- For a sweet wine, rack at three weeks. Add 1/2 cup sugar dissolved in1 cup wine. Stir gently, and place back into secondary fermentor. Repeat process every six weeks until fermentation does not restart with the addition of sugar. Rack every three months until one year old. Bottle.
- The wine is best if you can refrain from drinking it for one full year from the date it was started.
- NOTE:If desired, 1 cup red grape concentrate may be added to the Blueberry Wine at the time of bottling for a fuller flavour. If used, also add1/2 teaspoon Stabilizer to prevent restarting fermentation.