- 1 gallon apple juice (or 16 pounds apples)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon yeast energizer
- 1 1/2 teaspoon acid blend
- 1/2 teaspoon pectic enzyme
- 1 campden tablet
- 1 package champagne yeast (for 1 to 5 gallons)
- Place chopped fruit or juice in primary fermentor. Add balance of ingredients. Stir to dissolve sugar. Stir daily for 5 to 6 days or until frothing ceases. Strain out fruit and squeeze as much juice out of it as you can. Siphon into secondary fermentor and attach airlock.
- Rack in three weeks, and again every 2 months until the cider is clear.
- Gently stir in 1/4 cup sugar per gallon. Bottle in champagne bottles or clean pop bottles. Age three months.