- lbs fresh apples or
- 20 oz. tin apple concentrate
- lb. Sugar
- Gallon Warm Water
- Teaspoon Yeast Nutrient
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pectic Enzyme Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Tannin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Acid Blend
- Campden Tablets crushed
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ascorbic Acid
- Package Champagne Wine yeast
- Crush apples or place apples in a plastic bag in the freezer and thaw out the next day.
- Place apples in a primary fermentor and add all ingredients except the yeast. Cover with a plastic sheet and tie down.
- Let must stand overnight and the next day sprinkle on the champagne wine yeast.
- Recover and let stand for 2 to 3 hours, then stir in the yeast. Recover again and tie down.
- Let the must ferment for 2 to 3 days stirring daily. Strain out the fruit and allow the fermentation to continue for three to four more days or until the specific gravity drops to 1.020.
- Syphon into gallon jug (or carboy) and attach fermentation Lock.
- Rack In 1 Month. When wine is clear and specific gravity has dropped to 1.000 mix 2 ounces of sugar with some of the wine to produce syrup. Place this syrup in the primary fermentor and syphon the clear wine over the sugar syrup. Stir gently to mix sugar syrup well.
- Bottle in sterilized beer or pop bottles and cap as you would beer using a capper,
- Allow to age for 3 to 6 Months.